- The information we collect and how we use it.
1.1. At registration we collect personal details to enable us to process your orders. We may also collect some information from you on your preferences. We store this data electronically so we can recognise you as a registered customer. This also allows us to automate some of the data entry in the checkout process making your shopping experience a better one. You can review and change your account details at any time on the My Account page.
1.2. When you submit an order we collect the details of your shopping. Your shopping details are stored electronically by us. We use this information to process your order and to create a history of your shopping. The history of your shopping is used to create lists of your favorite’s, which you can use to reduce the time it takes you to place an order.
1.3. Email correspondence with you will be stored for reference. We do this for monitoring the service that we give to you and any customer complaints.
1.4. Telephone calls with you may be recorded by voice or transcript. We do this for monitoring the service that we give to you and any customer complaints.
1.5. We may use your details to contact you with our own marketing messages. Every marketing message we send will have an option to opt-out if you no longer want to receive them.
1.6. If you sign up to our newsletter we may use your email address to send you information about products or services. You can opt out of these at any point and you can ask for personal data to stop being recorded at any time.
- Who we may disclose your information to.
2.1. Our payment service provider, Worldpay.
2.2. Our Internet store provider, Woocommerce.
2.3. Our website designers, Partners By Design ltd.
2.4. Credit reference agencies and fraud prevention schemes.
2.5. Debt collection agencies.
2.6. We will not disclose your information to any third party for marketing purpose unless you agree otherwise.
To use our website you will need to have cookies enabled on your web browser. We do not use or create cookies that can be used by themselves to identify you.
A cookie is a text-only string of information that a website transfers to the cookie file of the browser on your computer’s hard disk so that the website can remember who you are. A cookie will typically contain the name of the domain from which the cookie has come, the “lifetime” of the cookie, and a value.
The two types of cookies are used on this website are:
- a) Session Cookies – temporary cookies that remain in the cookie file of your browser until you leave the site.
- b) Persistent cookies – remain in the cookie file of your browser for much longer (though how long will depend on the lifetime of the specific cookie).
Session cookies are used:
- a) To allow you to carry information across pages of our website and avoid having to re-enter information.
- b) To allow you to maintain a shopping basket
Persistent cookies are used:
- a) To remember who you are so you do not have to login on a return visit.
- b) To allow you to maintain a shopping basket if you are not logged in as a registered user.
- c) By Google Analytics, a third party service provider. We use Google Analytics to collect information about how visitors use our website. The cookies they set do not collect information that identifies the visitor. All information collected is aggregated and therefore anonymous. We used this information to improve our website and your shopping experience.
By using our website, you agree to us placing cookies on your computer, or device.
You can find out more about cookies by visiting http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HTTP_cookie.
- Your rights.
You have the right to access the personal data that is held about you. To obtain a copy of the personal data that The Modern Greengrocer holds about you please write to us at the following address: